Having difficulty with your card reader? Here are some tips that we recommend to help get you started:
- Remove your phone case. Some phone cases prevent readers from plugging in all the way.
- When you plug your reader in, make sure you see the app text change from "Connect the Card Reader to your headport" to "Swipe your card through the Card Reader."
- If you don't see the text change, try unplugging and plugging the reader back in.
- For iOS users, make sure your microphone permissions are enabled under Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Coin.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please try these troubleshooting methods:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Coin mobile app. Quickly update your app with the links below
- Force close the Coin mobile app.
- Try different swiping speeds. The card swipe in this video is considered normal speed.
- Unplug and plug the reader back into the headphone port of your mobile device.
- Press the volume all the way up on your phone.
- Check your headphone/audio jack for lint or dust and clean it out as needed
- Please try to swipe a different card into the card reader. This is to sanity check there is not an issue with the magnetic stripe on a specific card being worn down.
If you continue to have trouble adding cards, please click here for support.